Canada is a popular place to study for international students.
- It can be a cheaper option to studying in the US.
- Canada is an open, diverse country and has some French-speaking provinces.
The financial demands for studying in Canada are reasonably modest. For a year of study, you only need to demonstrates access to around $10,000 (USD) in funds to cover living costs. Tuition fees for international students are normally less than $20,000 per year.
Student Visas and Permits
The visa and permit arrangements for studying in Canada are more complex than they need to be but are manageable.
- You need to apply for a study permit by sending appropriate documents to Canadian immigration authorities.
- You may be waiting for a response for some months.
The study permit only lasts for 6 months at most. However, you will be issued with a temporary resident visa (student category) upon arriving in Canada. This allows you to stay longer.
Enrolling in a University or College
As with all countries, the procedure for studying abroad starts by enrolling in an education institution.
Canada has many universities and other education providers to choose from.
- The location is important since Canada varies geographically and culturally.
- Each education institution sets its own requirements.
- The grades you need to be accepted also vary by course.